What are we trying to solve?
- UnicornDAO is redistributing wealth and visibility in order to create equality for women-identified and lgbtq+ people
- Both in the world in general, and in the crypto/web3 space in specific
- According to a report in late 2021 by ArtTactic, only 5% of NFT sales were by female identified artists.
- Though this has been a societal problem throughout history, we look at the disruptive aspect of web3 as a means to influence these stats while the fate of this space has not yet been determined.
Is this a charitable project?
- No. We believe this demographic is both under-represented as well as under-valued.
- High conviction deployment of capital into these artists and builders, members’ DAO ownership tokens are proportional to the value of the NFTs and equity held in the DAO
Who is behind this?
- Co-founded by Pussy Riot’s Nadya Tolokonnikova, and her network of Crypto OGs, artists, builders and allies
- Nadya’s unique and well-known voice and activist fighting for human/women/lgbtq+ rights. Now, for the first time, she’s using economic tools as her paints and brushes.
- A Tribute Labs DAO, the team behind Flamingo DAO, Neon DAO, Noise DAO
What would Vitalik Do?
- “One silver lining of the [Ukraine] situation … is that is has reminded a lot of people in the crypto space that ultimately the goal of crypto is not to play games with million-dollar pictures of monkeys, it’s to do things that accomplish meaningful effects in the real world,” Vitalik Buterin Mar 14, 2022